CATS Sign-In Sheet

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Today is Earth Day

Here is another resource from Thinkfinity. Using this worksheet  from a ReadWriteThink lesson, students can brainstorm lists of messages they want to communicate to others about protecting the Earth.

There is something for everyone at Thinkfinity.

A suggestion from Neysa Rutter over at Wood River Elementary.
I am a recycle fanatic when it comes to saving animals from dying. You can recycle plastic bottles, but not the caps. The caps end up in the ocean, and landfills. The dolphins, manatees etc. ending up trying eat them (thinking they are food), and the animals choke and worse die because of it. I save the caps and sort and use them as manipulatives (counters, ABC’s, numbers). On the big caps (simply oj), I put a label on the top and the kids use them to write their spelling words). I have a bunch of bags of different colors and sizes outside my door.Anyone are welcome to take what they want, because I have a million. Please help yourself. Thanks, Neysa

No comments:

Post a Comment