CATS Sign-In Sheet

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 4 at TCEA

Four down, only one day to go. I awoke to lots of rain this morning. I had to wake up extra early to make it on time for Geocaching. I volunteered to help out with Geocaching. The nice lady at the volunteer booth pointed me to where I needed to be. When I arrived, the presenter told me it was canceled and that I was not needed. You can imagine what was going through my mind. Oh well, I had a back up plan of course. I was on my way to attend the Engaged Mathematics session only to find out that the presenter for that session was late. So I sat down patiently and decided to go over my daily schedule. A few minutes later, a TCEA rep walks in apologizing for the delay and assures us all that the presenter was on their way. Well, the presenter's manager shows up instead, aplogizes again, and informs us that his presenter would not be coming, therefore there will be no Engaged Mathematics session. What luck!!! FYI...the presenter was from eInstruction. I asked for a Mobi to make up for this, but I got a t-shirt instead. I tried!!!

I am happy to say that the rest of the day went pretty well. I learned so much, and I can't wait to bring all that back to you all. I have one more day to go.

Oh, and the cart I told my mother I would never use, but brought anyway just to please her, was put to good use by me today . Yes, I was all over the convention center rolling around a little black cart that was overflowing with lots of stuff. More free pens! I will not tell her that I used it because that would mean admitting she was right and I was sooo wrong. I miss my family and I am ready to go back home.     

No comments:

Post a Comment